Classic caviar accompaniments and how to serve caviar correctly.
- Always keep your caviar in its original unopened tin or jar in the refrigerator until just before ready to serve.
- Do not open the tin or jar before you are ready to serve.
- Take it out of the refrigerator 15 minutes to an hour before you intend to serve to it.
- Use a mother of pearl caviar spoon or a bone, gold plated. Never use stainless steel or silver to serve caviar.
- Once opened, the caviar tin or jar should be consumed within an hour for maximum taste.
The two most popular beverages served are chilled vodka, a very dry Champagne or sparkling wine. A dry white wine also works well.
4-8 oz tin of Black Caviar
3 hard-cooked eggs
1 medium red onion, diced small
1/2 cup chopped fresh chives
1/2 cup creme fraiche or sour cream
2 chopped pickled cucumbers or cornichons
a plate with smoked salmon (optional)
1 lemon, cut into wedges (optional)
20-30 small white bread toasts or round blinis
Place the caviar tin or jar in a small decorative Caviar Servers and Bowls with ice to keep cold.
Peel hard-cooked eggs and separate the whites and yolks. Chop yolks and whites separately.
To serve, place the bowl with the caviar tin on a large platter and surround with small bowls of chopped egg yolks and egg whites, cornichons, red onion, chives, creme fraiche, and toasts/blinis.
Enjoy it to the full!